Thursday, August 14, 2008

My new favorite necklace


So I just finished this custom piece for the mother of a bride. Apparently the bride and her fiance took a trip to India and decided to weave jewel colors throughout her wedding. (What a fabulous idea!)

I spent a couple years living in India as a kid (my dad was designing computers at the time) so this really resonated with me.

The funny thing is I actually bought the pendant even before I got the custom request. I found the brooch in a tiny antique store in some teeny town in Colorado and just fell in love with it. It was a little more expensive than what I usually spend and I'd no idea what I'd do with it, but I just thought the colors were too stunning to pass up. It reminded me of a vintage Chanel brooch I once saw but a little more subdued.


Anyway, just thought I'd share it before it goes...

1 comment:

ZenadiaDesign said...

This necklace is divine!!