Thursday, July 24, 2008

Greetings from Telluride!


As you probably guessed by the title of this posting my husband, 2-year-old son and I are in Telluride, Colorado -- and, yes, my beads, vintage jewelry and tools all traveled here too. We've done loads of hiking, blown 'daddy-lions' for our son and stopped at plenty of antique stores in the surrounding mining towns.


We walked into one shop that was so packed with rocking chairs, stained glass and crowded shelves of ceramics that I hard time getting to the counter where all the jewelry was stashed. And when I did I actually had a little trouble breathing because I was so excited by what I saw -- some ornate Victorian rhinestone shoe clips that I've been searching for for a very long time. (I know, it's the sign of a sickness. I couldn't stop staring at the pair on the ride back to Telluride)


Anyway, I've had this mini-creative explosion and have made more than a dozen earrings, necklaces, hair pieces and bracelets that I'll post over the weekend when we get back to California. And in response to inquiries for more wedding pieces, most of them are!

2 comments:

Dutch Charlie said...

Great stuff. You should charge way, way, way more.

Noaki Jewelry said...

Awww. Thanks!! You're not the first to tell me that. I think its a confidence thing...